Aaahhh.. School.. A wonderful time wasn’t it? From getting in trouble with the ‘guru disiplin’ to last minute homework-copying, here are 18 of the many things we cherish till this day.
1. “Lupa bawak buku, cikgu”
That statement given by every student if the assigned homework was not completed.
2. Those rhythmic greetings to the teacher. “SEEEEELAMAT PAAAGI CIIIKGUUU”
It’s a universal greeting rhythm that is within all students in Malaysia.
3. Hoping for the fire drill alarm to ring when you are in a class with your not so favorite teacher
..and you go hiding your handphone in the oddest of places as long they are not caught, even your inner garments.
5. Hari Terbuka
The most awaited day by teachers and parents but the scariest day for us.
6. “Recycled” football
No ball? Plastic bottle and tins are good enough to kick and play.
“I don’t know how that guy fell for that girl also…”
“I heard she ran away from home with her boyfriend…”
“I think the science lab is haunted lah..”
8. Perhimpunan rasmi
The longest period of time we have to assemble and hear all those boring speeches which we are really not interested in. Secretly hoping it’ll rain so we can hear the magical phrase, “oleh kerana cuaca yang tidak mengizinkan…”
9. Scribbling on school table and your teacher would start repeating “Jangan conteng meja” over and over again
Most of the time it’s just our crush’s name, you know, in case we forgot.
10. You like to go to the school library not to read, but for the air-conditioner
Some of y’all became ‘pengawas perpustakaan’ just for this.
11. Waiting for the bell to ring, for recess and to go home
..and you will be running out from the classroom like nobody’s business!
12. That look your teacher gives you when you remind her “Cikgu, dah habis masa!”
Cikgu’s inner voice: “I know, you little sh*t.”
13. The happiest feeling you get when your teacher says, “buat kerja sendiri”
Permission to have fun, basically.
14. Tucking in your shirt as soon you see your discipline teacher few meters away
15. Cutting fingernails before assembly so that you won’t get caught for “kuku panjang”
Some just bite it off. Savages.
16. Entering the class and going straight to the back seats on the first day of school
Because whoever sits at the back is always the coolest.
17. That unsatisfying moment when your teacher separates you and your friends from sitting together in class especially if all are from the same race
18. Shamelessly asking your friend, “Boleh pinjam buku tak?”
.. so that you could copy their homework and not get caught when your teacher checks