Recently, a Facebook post of a pet owner explained that her Pomeranian named Diffy suffered from an allergic reaction after she dyed its fur pink, which caused its ear to fall off.

The pet owner explained that Diffy went through a 40 minute foil wrap fur dyeing process at a salon the day before.

The salon owner said that Diffy’s ears would return to normal in a couple of days after she noticed her pet dog’s ears begin to dangle.

Diffy the dog started to show typical allergic symptoms such as itchiness, flakiness, and burned skin.

“It started as typical allergy symptoms like itchiness, burns to the skin, flakiness. But when the scabs from the wound fell off, her ear fell of as well,” the pet owner explained.

“There was too much dye on the dog’s ear,” she added in her Facebook post.

The pet owner then went to a veterinarian at Rama 8 Pet Hospital, who confirmed that Diffy’s ear falling off was caused by a number of reasons.

“The chemical could have burned the ear off, the salon could have done it too harshly, the dog could have developed a severe allergy to the dye,” she explained, according to the report.

Many animal organizations including PETA have spoken up against fur dyeing.

“PETA would urge people to let dogs be dogs: Love and appreciate them for their natural beauty and leave them out of our confusing human shenanigans.”

According from an article from Live Science, human dye should never be used on pets as it contains toxic chemicals that can burn, poison and blind the pet.



LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here