Nasi Lemak is Malaysia’s pride and joy. It is a perfect meal for every occasion. Since it’s a famous dish, it is only natural that people start experimenting with its recipe.
One person went to the extreme of making Nasi Lemak Ayam Goreng Milo. This person shared his recipe on Lowyat and it went viral among it’s forum readers.
This is the recipe for Nasi Lemak Ayam Goreng Milo
Recipe for Milo Sambal:
1. Cut shallots/onions into little pieces then blend it with milo powder and some water.
2.Pour some oil and then cook the paste on medium heat. Keep stirring the paste until it becomes thick.
Recipe for Milo Fried Chickens Drumstick, wings, thigh/breast.
– Nestle Milo powder
– Chicken drumsticks, wings, thigh, breast
– All purpose flour
– Black pepper
10 ~ 20 minutes
10 ~ 18 minutes
1.Prepare the chicken. Extract any unnecessary chicken fats
and clean up the blood.
2. Crack one egg. (two eggs or more, depends on the amount and the size of chicken you want to cook)
3. Mix together the all purpose flour, 2 ~ 4 spoons of milo powder, 2 ~ 5 teaspoons of salt and black pepper.
4. Dip and soak the chickens in egg. Then, put chickens into the seasoned flour. Leave it for 5 ~ 15 minutes before cooking. (Repeat this step if you want it to be crispy)
5. Preheat the cooking oil at high heat, then fry the chicken on medium heat for 15 to 20 minutes. (If want to cook quicker, put more oil to cover the top of chickens.)
Recipe for Milo Marbled Hard Boiled Eggs
– Nestle Milo
3 to 5 minutes
4 to 5 hours
4 hours and 7 minutes
1. Boil the eggs for 6 to 8 minutes.
2. Let eggs chill and crack the eggshell lightly with a spoon.
3. Add 4 to 6 spoons of milo and water. Cover the eggs. Boil the eggs on low heat for at least 30 to 45 minutes.
4. After boiling the eggs, let the eggs bath along side with the milo water for about 4 to 5 hours.
Recipe for Milo Ikan Bilis / Anchovies (Fish) & Peanuts.
– Nestle Milo
– Ikan Bilis / Anchovy
– Oil or Butter
2 to 5 minutes
5 to 8 minutes (each one)
1. Prepare the Ikan Bilis and Peanuts. First you need to cook the ikan bilis and then only add some milo powder into it.
2.Put some oil or even butter to cook them. Use low heat while cooking. Keep the peanuts dry before cooking them. Keep
stirring the peanuts until it’s cooked.
Recipe for Milo Nasi Lemak.
– Coconut milk
– Pandan leaf
– Banana leaf
10 to 30 minutes
10 to 25 minutes
1. You can use any type of rice for this recipe. This person used brown rice.
2. Add coconut milk (3 to 6 spoons), salt (3 to 5 teaspoons), sugar (3 to 4 teaspoons) & few pandan leaves.
Pour 4 to 5 cups of water or measure it with the first half of your finger tip, the coconut milk should fill the surface at full first of finger tip. Turn on rice cooker and start cooking.